DEDICATED RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Interview Best Practices
The ring of the new year means that many companies are starting to ramp up their recruiting efforts. There are multiple factors that can influence the hiring and interviewing process. The proper recruitment process should be streamlined and allow you to find qualified candidates quickly and efficiently. Below are some good tips to ensure that your company has the right process to help facilitate smooth and efficient interviews:
- Preparation is KEY! Review the candidate’s resume and be familiar with their experience prior to the interview.
- Have a standard list of questions and a method of evaluation ready to go.
- Be sure you have a clear understanding of what the position requires on a day-to-day basis.
- Plan how you will conduct the interview. Start with small talk and be aware of your body language. Be sure to take notes and be a good listener as well.
- Consider a tour of your office to get a good feel of how the candidate reacts to the work environment and culture.
- Close the interview by asking questions of the candidate. How they answer will tell you a lot about their interest level, preparedness, and what they learned from the interview.
- Once the candidate has left ask others who may have encountered the candidate their thoughts on how the candidate interacted with them.
- Follow up with candidate with an email, letter or call to confirm offer or decision to decline an offer. Even if they don’t get the job, they will remember how they were treated.
By following these steps and guidelines, you should be on your way to finding a qualified candidate for your company. The recruitment process can be tricky but investing time in your strategy will be worth the effort.
Employer Flexible HR offers several recruiting options as well as discounted rates for our clients. During the month of March, we are offering $500 off our 1st and 2nd Level Screening options! Call Melissa Brisco, HR Dedicated Recruitment for more information at 281-377-7626.